Several medical studies as well as good old-fashioned anecdotal wisdom (we’ve referenced a few of the studies below) suggest that daily consumption of dates in the last 4 weeks of pregnancy may have a significant positive effect on labor. The magic number seems to be 4-6 dates per day for the last month of pregnancy. Our exceptionally delicious dates combined with our long list of great ways to enjoy them (included with the gift bundle) make this gift a joy to receive. Mom’s-to-be will thank you!
- A 4 week supply of our Organic Medjool dates – a total of FOUR 2 pound boxes shipped 2 boxes at a time 2 weeks apart to your expectant Mother. Each 2 pound box contains approximately 40 organic medjool dates, for a total of about 160 dates.
- We wrap the initial shipment with a satin ribbon color of your choice
- Include a brief explanation sheet about the benefit of dates for expectant Mothers
- Your optional gift message
- Our cheat sheet list of quick and easy ways to enjoy dates each day. Examples: dates stuffed with a swipe of peanut butter, a piece of dark chocolate, a roasted macadamia nut, a slice of peach, or a dollop of vanilla ice cream.
Additional Gift Options:
- The Insurance Policy – an extra two week supply (TWO more 2 pound boxes) for a total of 6 boxes shipped at 2 week intervals. These are also great post delivery fuel for new Moms if baby comes sooner. Don’t worry – dates freeze beautifully! Extras can be stored and enjoyed later.
- Add a jar from our selection of delicious nut butters to the first shipment – this combination is a game changer, sure to please! Nutrient dense and utterly delicious, this is good food for growing babies and Mom.
* We want to make sure our expectant Mom’s don’t receive too many gifted dates, so feel free to message us to check if any other givers have already sent this bundle.
Satin ribbon choices include: Ivory, soft Pink, Blue, Yellow or Green. Please specify color in notes, or we will choose Ivory, Yellow or Green for you.
Contains: Whole Unpitted, Organic Medjool Dates
“The women in the dates-consumer group had significantly less need for augmentation of labor and longer intervention to delivery interval.” – Date fruit consumption at term: Effect on length of gestation, labour and delivery Razali N, et al. J Obstet Gynaecol. 2017
“…the consumption of date fruit in the last 4 weeks before labour significantly reduced the need for induction and augmentation of labour, and produced a more favourable… delivery outcome.” – The effect of late pregnancy consumption of date fruit on labour and delivery Al Kuran O, et al J. Obstet Gynaecol. 2011
” Date fruits intake seems to reduce gestational duration and duration of the first stage of labor, and also increase cervical dilation on admission.” – Effects in consuming date fruits… gestation, labor and delivery: An updated systematic review and meta-analysis of clinical trails Nasiri M et al. Complement Ther Med. 2019
*Always consult with your physician or other qualified healthcare provider before embarking on a new treatment, diet or fitness program. If you have any specific questions about these matters you should consult your doctor or other healthcare provider.